Direct Care Workers United for Change
Direct Care Alliance is the national advocacy voice of direct care workers in long-term care. We empower workers to speak out for better wages, benefits, training, and working conditions, so more people can commit to direct care as a career. We also convene powerful allies nationwide to build consensus for change.
Direct Care Alliance is helping New Yorkers get free or low-cost insurance through the new health insurance marketplace. Learn how you can get help--or help others.
Fight for your passion, your job, your future.
- Join the movement to improve direct care jobs
- Get affordable health insurance--or help others get it
- Donate to help us help you
Direct Care Voices
Get Direct Care Workers Covered: A Home Care Aide Relieved to Have Health Care Coverage but Wishing It Were Even CheaperBeverly, a home health aide in New York City, usually works 5 days a week for 7 ... Read more »
For My Friend Jack Who Has Cerebral Palsy and Lives in a Nursing HomeIf I were you this is what I’d say There was a lack of oxygen at my ... Read more »
New Training Opportunities for Maine Direct Care WorkersDirect care workers in Maine can learn new skills and obtain certificates to demonstrate their expertise free ... Read more »
Direct from the Headlines
- DCA's Carla Washington on the state of the direct care worker
- DCA's Jessica Brill Ortiz on why direct care workers are the new face of our economy
- DCA board member Erin Hayes says direct care workers make her family's life possible
- DCA's Tracy Dudzinski on why home care co-ops are a good business model
- The Huffington Post on the new minimum wage and overtime rule
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek on the rule and more recent coverage
- How low-wage workers--including DCA's Elizabeth Castillo--are falling further behind in our economic recovery
- DCA's Carla Washington on the 75th Anniversary of FLSA